Finally it’s here! This should really be the final version of the Gevey product line. The Gevey Ultra Turbo SIM.
Your iPhone 4 needs to be jailbroken to enjoy the untethered unlock.
How to setup:
Step 1: Remove your SIM card and cut it to fit the tray that should come with the GEVEY package.
Step 2: Launch Cydia and add the following repository:
Then locate the “FuriousMod” package and install it. After that’s done, a “No SIM card installed” error will pop up, that’s OK. Before proceeding, make sure your phone is turned off.
Step 3: Place the GEVEY SIM on the tray, along with your own SIM on top of it. Make sure both cards are on the tray, then insert it back into your phone.
Step 4: Power your phone back on and wait around 40 seconds for your signal to be detected. Ignore any errors and don’t interact with the device until your phone picks up the signal.
Step 5: In order to get 3G, turn on Roaming Mode by going into Settings > General > Network and selecting “Data Roaming”.
Buy your Gevey Ultra Turbo SIM now!
Apple had just announced to developers today that iOS 5 beta 2 and Xcode 4.2 with iOS 5 SDK beta 2 are now available on the iOS Dev Center.
These new releases allow developers to develop apps by taking advantage of iCloud Storage, Newsstand Kit, Core Image, GLKit, Twitter, and new Game Center APIs.
Facetime has been disabled on Beta 2 but will be enabled in the next Beta release. Apple did not mention why this was done.
The latest build version is 9A5248d.
The following release notes were compiled by iFans:
- iTunes 10.5b2 can’t sync iOS 5 Beta 1 devices
- iOS5 Beta 1 devices can’t iMessage iOS5 Beta 2 devices and vice-versa
- WiFi sync now works with OS X computers; it has to be enabled in iTunes 10.5 beta 2 first
- OTA updates have been released, though none are currently available
- iCloud has a new logo in the Settings.app
- You can now backup to iCloud or the computer when setting the device up
- If no notifications are available, Notification Center shows the text “No New Notifications”
- Stock widget in the Notification Center is now off by default
- Stock wallpapers are back, but are the same that were in iOS 4
- General speed improvements, kills bugs that were present in iOS 5 beta 1
If you would like to test drive iOS 5 Beta 2, you need to register your device’s UDID. However, you will need find the firmware (there’s plenty – just Google for it). Registration is good for up to 1 year.
Young adults in China are taking serious measures to buy expensive Apple products, according to reports.
Biznewschina reported that a female jiulinghou (九零后), referring to those born during the 90′s, tweeted on Weibo (Chinese version of Twitter) that it is her ‘dream to own a iPhone4 but her father won’t let her get one.’
She then decided to sleep with someone in exchange for the mobile device.
The Shanghai teen has posted a picture of herself along with other basic personal information saying she is willing to ‘sell her virginity to anyone that buys her a iPhone 4.’
Her post has received negative feedback, pointing out that a phone is not worth what she giving in exchange. Others think that someone is using her account and pulling a malicious prank on the girl.
Last April, a 17 year old boy from Anhui bought himself an iPad and cellphone by selling his kidney for 22,000 yuan.
Sociologists blame such events on the rising importance of materialism amongst the young generation and their belief that there are no limits to how they satisfy their desires.
via Straits Times news
Are you travelling to China? Purchase this China Mobile SIM card package ahead of time so that you can use it upon your arrival in China.
This is a China Mobile prepaid SIM card package that contains:
- Micro SIM card from China Mobile
- Decrypted Micro SIM card – contains unlock information to connect your iPhone to China Mobile network without the need of unlocking your iPhone
- Instructions on how to use the SIM cards
- Pre-loaded with CNY20.00 credit
- SIM adapter to use the Micro SIM card on an iPhone 3G or 3GS
- Chinese flash card that you can show to vendors if you wish to purchase more credits
The decrypted SIM card will unlock your iPhone for China Mobile network irregardless of your baseband version. This will save you the hassle of finding a place to unlock your iPhone.
- Works with iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4
- Supported on all iOS versions
- Supported on all baseband versions including unlockable baseband 5.14.02, 5.15.04, 5.16.02, 2.10.04, 3.10.01 and 4.10.01
- No need to update your iPhone 3G/3GS to baseband 6.15.00 (iPad) that will break your GPS!
- Will not affect your warranty!
This price includes free standard registered shipping. Expedited shipping is available during checkout.
Purchase your Unlocked China Mobile Prepaid SIM Card Here
Two tools released today to jailbreak iOS 5 Beta.
1. Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 for Windows and Mac
2. Sn0wbreeze 2.8.1 for Windows [download]
Below is the full text from Dev Team’s blog:
WWDC 2011 is winding down to a close, and developers of jailbroken apps for Cydia are probably itching to get started on all the iOS 5 goodness. It seems like a good time to release the tethered redsn0w jailbreak for iOS 5. The following devices are supported:
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
UNLOCKERS AND THOSE PRESERVING THEIR UNLOCKABLE BASEBANDS SHOULD STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS! You will very likely lose your unlockable baseband if you try to install iOS 5.
THIS JAILBREAK IS INTENDED ONLY FOR DEVELOPERS OF JAILBROKEN APPS! There are just too many broken components (Apple’s official apps, 3rd-party App Store apps, Cydia apps, MobileSubstrate apps, etc) for this to be useful to anyone but those truly looking to fix bugs in their iOS 5 jailbroken apps. (Seriously!)
THIS REDSN0W WILL NOT HACTIVATE 5.0b1! You need to be an iOS developer with a registered UDID to get past all the new activation screens. PLEASE DON’T PIRATE APPLE SOFTWARE! Only registered devs with Macs can develop iOS applications, and only those people will have legitimate access to the beta IPSWs. See update #1 below.
THIS IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK ONLY! No new exploits are being exposed with this jailbreak (it uses geohot’s limera1n bootrom exploit), but that comes at a cost. You will need to use redsn0w to “Just boot tethered now” to be able to use many things, including Cydia and Safari. If you see a white icon for Cydia, or if Cydia or Safari crash when you open them, it’s because you didn’t boot tethered.
IF YOU HAVE THE 06.15 BASEBAND ON YOUR 3GS…this redsn0w will get you past the iTunes restore error you’ll get when using the stock IPSW (nobody other than those with the 06.15 baseband should be going anywhere near the stock IPSW!).
The way redsn0w works, you will very likely be able to use this on upcoming iOS5 betas, just by continuing to point redsn0w at the 5.0b1 IPSW. So keep that IPSW handy!
Registered your UDID with us to have access to the firmware.