Apple recommended that you update to the latest iOS 7.0.6 to address a critical security issue. If you’ve updated your device but encountered some problems, try these fixes.
Just a few days ago Apple silently released iOS 7.0.6 and asked all iOS users to update to the latest version of the iOS. This is to address a security issue related to SSL (Secure Socket Layer) which can be compromised by hackers who have access to your network.
In case you plan to update your iPhone to iOS 7.0.6, you may want to read these first so that you are better prepared in case something goes wrong (always remember to backup!). If you have done the update either via WiFi or iTunes, there shouldn’t be any issue. However, in case you’re stuck with one of the following problems, you can try the possible fixes as described below.
1. WiFi or Data not working after updating to iOS 7.0.6
You’re not able to connect to the internet after updating to iOS 7.0.6? The easiest fix to this would be to reset your network connection.
Simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Connection.
Do note that you will lose all stored WiFi password in your device.
2. iPhone won’t turn on after updating to iOS 7.0.6
This doesn’t happen a lot, but if you do get this problem try to do a soft reset on your iPhone. To do this:
Hold the sleep and home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appear. You will not lose data by resetting your iPhone, and most of the time it will fix many other issues.
If that doesn’t work, try putting your iPhone into recovery mode first.
3. Updating to iOS 7.0.6 stopped or froze half way
Usually this is due to internet connection problems or slowness with your internet speed. The process may take a while to complete so do be patient.
Some users reported that it took 1.5 hours to complete the update.
If for any reason the update failed, be prepared to do a full restore using iTunes on your computer.
4. ‘No SIM Card Installed’ after updating to iOS 7.0.6
A small number of people who are getting this problem has something to do with the SIM card itself.
The only possible solution is to go to your nearest carrier’s service center or store to get a replacement SIM card.
5. iPhone is no longer jailbroken after updating iOS 7.0.6 (Cydia Missing)
The good news is that the latest evasi0n is still able to jailbreak iOS 7.0.6. Click here for procedures on how to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 7.0.6.
6. iPhone is not charging after updating to iOS 7.0.6
This is a very odd issue affecting some iPhone users after updating their devices. You can try on of the followings:
- Clean the lightning connector, also check the charging port of your iPhone to make sure there’s nothing stuck inside it
- Try a different cable
- Plug your iPhone into a wall outlet for approximately 20 minutes then try a reset by pressing and holding the home and power buttons until the white Apple logo appears as explained here
7. Unable to activate iPhone after updating to iOS 7.0.6
If you bought the iPhone from someone, chances are it has the iOS 7 activation lock enabled. Activation what? You can read more about it here.
8. Sound not working after updating to iOS 7.0.6
This may not be related to any hardware or software issue but can be tricky to fix, because it’s too trivial:
- Go to Settings and set Use Slide Switch to > Lock Rotation
- Swipe up at the bottom of screen to launch the Sound controller. If the bell icon is stroked out, you’re fine, the sound will work. If otherwise, then tap on it to strike the bell. The sound should work now.
Some of you who are new to iPhone may ask, is it possible to downgrade iOS 7.0.6 to 7.0.4 or any earlier version of iOS? Unfortunately, this is not possible and Apple will do anything they can to prevent people from downgrading their device.
The above are just some of the possible solutions to the issue you might encounter when updating iOS 7.0.6. If all fails, the last option would be visiting your nearest Apple Store.