Did you purchase an iPad WiFi, Apple Watch or iPod with iCloud activation lock enabled? Here are some ways to remove it.
A large amount of users report that they can’t activate their device such as iPad WiFi, Apple Watch or iPod touch after upgrading to the latest iOS. The devices are stuck on the iCloud activation.
If you are stuck on such situation, here are some possible solutions you can try out:
Possible Workarounds if You Can’t Activate After iOS Update
If you see the message “cannot activate because activation server is temporarily not available”, you need to try again later. It may be that the Apple’s activation server has shut down due to high demand or high load. This usually happens during the day of the release of an iOS update.
You can also try to restart your iDevice: Press and hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Alternatively, try to connect your device to computer and try connecting to iTunes.
Step-by-Step Solution if You Can’t Activate iPhone After iOS Update
If the suggested workaround above doesn’t work, you may need to try below.
Firstly, make a full backup of your iPhone or iPad before performing a restore.
1. Turn off your iDevice firstly. By Pressing and holding the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
2. Visit iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID and password.
3. Select Find iPhone > Input the password of your Apple ID to confirm > Click All Devices on the top > Select the Device which can’t be activated > Click Remove from Account > Click Remove again when note window pops up (for iPhone).
4. Switch off and turn on your device, and then activate try to activate again.
Most people said that the steps above helped to activate their device normally. However, if you see something like shown in the image above, it’s likely that you need to remove the iCloud activation lock removal service.
We offer the following services:
- Apple Watch (iWatch) iCloud Lock Removal/Fix using serial number
- iPad WiFi iCloud Lock Removal/Fix using serial number
- iPod iCloud Lock Removal/Fix using serial number
- Get iCloud email of the device locked with iCloud
If the solution above works, please don’t forget to hit Like below!