Due to the limitations and risks of using iPad’s baseband 6.15.00 on iPhone 3G or 3GS, many of our worldwide readers have been contacting us to find out more about the digital baseband processor replacement service that we offer. Primarily we only provide this service in China, however, we would consider overseas customers as well.
If you are stuck on baseband 5.14.02, 5.15.04 or 5.16.00 which presently cannot be unlocked by ultrasn0w, you may want to consider using this service. This is also for you if you lost your GPS due to baseband 6.15.00.
If you are adventurous enough, here’s a DIY project you can try.
We use genuine Infineon X-Gold 608 baseband chip which is designed for iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPad (FYI – that’s why iPad’s baseband 6.15.00 can be implanted into the iPhone). To learn more about this microchip, the full technical specifications can be downloaded from here. The baseband chip is pre-programmed with baseband version 5.13.04 or lower which can be unlocked using ultrasn0w.
- GPS functionality not affected; as opposed to using iPad’s baseband 6.15.00
- Run up to iOS 4.2.1
- No battery draining issue
- No problem restoring via iTunes (bypass error 1015 etc)
- All iPhone functionality not affected
- No fix, no fees policy! (exclude shipping)
The cost of the baseband chip is CNY450 (approximately US$68) and labor charge is CNY150 (US$23). Unfortunately we cannot provide estimate for shipping as it varies from one country to another. To save on cost, safety purposes and easier customs clearance, we highly recommend that you ship the logic board only. You can watch the following YouTube video (click on image to launch a new Window) on how to remove an iPhone 3G or 3GS logic board (Warning: This will void your warranty and may damage your iPhone!)
- Replacing the baseband chip will not make your iPhone permanently unlocked – you still need to be careful not to update it directly via iTunes!
- The replacement service will take approximately 3-4 business days; 2 additional days may be required for stress test.
- It comes with standard 90-days warranty.
- Backup your device if you decide to use this service!
- This method is currently not possible on an iPhone 4.
- There is no DIY method available as this requires specialized tools (hot air gun, microchip mounter using surface-mount technology).
Need to learn more? Contact us now!