Whited00r custom firmware (IPSW) was developed to support older models of iPhone such as 2G and 3G and iPod Touch 1st and 2nd generation. The hardware of these older devices is not optimized to run iOS 4.0 and above and many experienced sluggish performance on their device.
Whited00r came along and provides an alternative for these older devices to run on iOS 4.0+. Essentially the firmware is based on iOS 3.1.3 but added with features from iOS 4.0 and above.
Some of the features mentioned on their website:
- iOS 4 user interface
- Battery percentage
- Tap to Focus (digital camera)
- Video recording
- … and many more
There are 2 versions for each custom firmware:
- Normal – If you can legitimately activate you device via iTunes AND you don’t need carrier unlock (you have the original SIM card or your iPhone is factory unlocked)
- Unlocked – If you do not have the original carrier SIM and need the unlock. Note: Push-Notifications patch is required after the installation. Note: unlocked if your baseband version is 5.13.04 or below.
Both Normal and Unlocked firmwares are jailbroken with Cydia installed.
For each of the above you can choose between Full or Lite version.
- Full – includes all features
- Lite – better performance as multitasking and home wallpaper are disabled
Download from here: