Using the iPad baseband is not the best solution to unlock iPhone 3G/3GS but if you decide to go ahead after understanding the risks, you can download it without the need of having an internet connection (although you still need to download the iPad 3.2.2 firmware). This will also help if you are stuck on the Fetching iPad baseband screen for too long. Don’t like this unlocking method? Consider this.
Using this method, redsn0w will only take about 5 seconds to download it instead of the usual 3-4 minutes. If you have a slow internet connection, it will take even longer. Note: The instructions below is for PC. I’ll post a Mac version soon.
1. Download the following files:
2. Install Appserv. Follow on screen instructions. At one point, it will ask for name, enter any name you wish then create a password. After Installation you will see a new directory AppServ is created on your C drive.
3. Open C:\AppServ\www and create a folder name iPad.
4. Create another folder inside the iPad folder and name the folder as “061-8801.20100811.CvfR5” without the ” “.
5. Copy the iPad 3.2.2. IPSW into the 061-8801.20100811.CvfR5 folder.
5. Edit the host file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc. Note:
- Windows 7 or Vista: Right click on Notepad and select Run as administrator, then open the host file.
- Windows XP: edit the host file directly.
6. Copy and paste the following at the end of the line of the host file and hit save.
Now when you run redsn0w and selecting the Install iPad Baseband option, you will notice that it will take only 5 seconds (or less) for redsn0w to download it.
Reason: This setup tricks redsnow by fetching the baseband directly on your localhost (your computer) through the help of Appserv program.
This page has detailed steps with screenshots.
Thank you level5team for the tips.
Comments below or “Like” it if it helps you.
This is part of our eBook Start Your Own iPhone Repair and Unlocking Business that can help you generate additional $$$ income from home!
Pre-order now at a special limited time offer!