There is a huge possibility that a security flaw in iOS 5 allows US-based T-Mobile users to unlock their AT&T-locked iPhone 4 on baseband 4.11.08. Read the basic instructions below.
UPDATE: You can now officially unlock any AT&T iPhone. Click here to learn more.
If you do a quick search on YouTube for Unlock 4.11.08, you will find one video by user “g35mik” with a video titled “unlock iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08″
Everything looked legit:
- It’s an MC319LL model locked to AT&T
- iOS 5 with baseband 4.11.08
- No signs of jailbreak
- No Turbo SIM etc.
He also claimed that:
Without any modification.
subscribe to see how soon.
no jail braking required.
Check the other video for more
i will be releasing a tool soon.
this is not an unlocked phone
See the video below (Blocked in China, China-based readers please activate your VPN)
In his YouTube page, he gave out these hints:
“For those you with a prepaid T-Mobile Sim card.
Prior to activating 5.0. Do any of you get any bars or edge symbol?
Make sure your phone is not connected to Wi-Fi. When going through the activation process make sure you use connect via cellular network
Once you get to activate your iPhone it will fail. At this point you will enter your AT&T MicroSim. To activate your phone
Once the phone is activated turn off automatic carrier by entering the T-Mobile Sim card”
Based on his updated video, he performed the unlocking on an iPhone 4S with baseband 1.0.11. Here’s what I understand:
- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Take out AT&T SIM card
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card
- Make sure WiFi is off (he also tapped on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert SIM card
T-Mobile USA readers – if you see this, why don’t you try this and let us know!