We recently posted an unlock method using SIM re-write that was initially designed for iPhone 4. We are very excited to announce that the same method can be applied on iPhone 3G and 3GS with baseband 5.14.02, 5.15.04 and 5.16.02.
- The unlock is “untethered” – you don’t need to do any of the steps used on Gevey Turbo SIM after a reboot
- No jailbreak required
- Works with iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 on all basebands
- No need to update to 6.15.00 and risk breaking the GPS
- You can unlock or re-write as many SIM cards as you wish (very good cash revenues for part-timers!)
- Tedious SIM card re-write process
- Not yet tested in other countries (we offer 30% discount if you would like to be part of the testing team)
- The unlock works with the “cloned” SIM card only (can be a good thing)
- May not work on all SIM cards
Here’s the initial YouTube video.
At the moment this can be done on PC systems, running on XP, Vista or 7.