Guys – here’s the moment we’ve been waiting for! The free untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 5.1.1 by pod2g et al of Chronic Dev Team. Continue below on how to untether jailbreak your iDevice running iOS 5.1.1.
Before we begin, please be aware that this tutorial is based on the video produced by one the beta testers of Absinthe 2.0. The steps are subject to change. Anyhow, to those who are interested to know, read on!
1. Download the latest Absinthe v2.0 from http://greenpois0n.com/ (available now for Windows, Mac and Linux).
Note: Once you’ve downloaded the file, unzip it and extract the .exe file and copy it to your desktop. Double click on it and it will create a folder and extract all the required files into it. The actual absinthe 2.0 program is inside this folder.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer and perform a full backup with iTunes. Disable the passcode lock.
3. Launch Abinsthe 2.0. The program will detect your iPhone model and its current build (firmware).
4. Click Jailbreak to begin. A status saying ‘Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while….‘ and a progress bar will be shown. This is followed by a status saying ‘Sending initial jailbreak data. This may also take a while…‘.
5. The third message will say ‘Sending final jailbreak data. Your device will appear to be restoring a backup. This may also take a while…’ Your iDevice will display ‘Restore in progress.’
6. Finally, you will see ‘Waiting for reboot. Not done yet, don’t unplug your device yet!‘ while a spinning wheel appears on your device.
7 . Last but not least, ‘Waiting for process to complete‘ will appear and an Apple logo with loading bar is shown on your device.
8. When all is said and done, you will see Cydia icon on your Home screen. Simply launch Cydia to install your favorite jailbreak apps!
That’s it folks! Please do note that the whole process may take up to 10 minutes so sit back and relax while the program does everything for you.
If you find this post useful, please do us a small favor by clicking ‘LIKE’ or ‘Recommend on Google+’ below.