What a surprise from Apple (as always) on a Monday! They’ve just released iOS 5.1.1 firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
UPDATE: Unlock your AT&T iPhone permanently. Read more here.
Here are the change logs – iOS 5.1.1 improvements and bug fixes:
- Improves the reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut.
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks.
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed even after a successful purchase.
- Patches important URL spoofing vulnerability in Safari
- Baseband version for iPhone 4S (2.0.12), iPhone 4 (4.12.01), iPhone 3GS (5.16.05)
You should never install any new update if you rely on an unlock or untethered jailbreak, well not until proper tools or methods are available to unlock or jailbreak your iPhone.
MuscleNerd specifically warned A5 and A5x devices owners about updating to iOS 5.1.1, although hacker ion1c has already tweeted that the new iPad (3) has been successfully jailbroken.
Remember to save your SHSH as always!
Let’s hope the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 and iOS 5.1.1 will be released soon!
If you find this post useful, please do us a small favor by Twitting, clicking ‘LIKE’ or ‘Recommend on Google+’ below.