The classic Nintendo’s Entertainment System (NES) games will never go out of style no matter how old it gets. Now you can play it on your iPhone without having to jailbreak your iPhone.
There are two default games available for playing without having to download or load anything – Croom and Tetris. So if you need to play other games such as Super Mario you will need to have a valid ROM file first.
Do you need to download a Super Mario Bros ROM file directly? Like, Tweet or +1 below to reveal a direct download link:
The online console integrates nicely with DropBox, so all you need is to have a ROM file uploaded to your DropBox first. The details steps are outlined below:
1. If you only want to try it out go ahead and launch the following website on your Safari browser:
2. If you have other ROM files available, you can go to your DropBox, and upload the ROM file.
3. Once you have uploaded the file, launch the web link as shown in Step (1).
4. Click the ‘+’ sign and it will launch a new browser that takes you to your DropBox. Login to your account and point the ROM file.
5. It will take you back to the Web NES interface, and you can see Super Mario is now available as one of the options to play. Just tap on it to start playing your favorite childhood game!
The experience won’t be as smooth as on a real console and somewhat choppy, but it’s a great eye candy and will definitely add some fun to your device without the need to jailbreak it. All the virtual buttons seem to respond well to your touch.
Since it’s not available on the AppStore, chances are that it will always be available. I’m just hoping that the performance will improve.