(Last Updated On: June 16, 2020)
If your iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c or any model has condensation moisture on the lens, here’s how to clear it without taking it apart or break your warranty.
Here’s the scenario: You just woke up in the morning, trying to snap a few selfies of yourself but then you discovered that your camera app is blurry. You closed the camera app, launched it again and nothing’s changed. You checked the camera lens and saw condensation moisture on it.
Basic Possible Fixes
I guess I don’t have to explain how that happened as you would be more interested to know on how to get it fixed without having to send it to Apple Store or calling up Apple tech support or taking it apart which may void your warranty.
Please note a hairdryer may work, but I won’t recommend using this method as you may heat up the plastic casing unnecessarily which may cause harm in the long run.
Proven Fix for Your iPhone
This solution may not necessarily be free as you will need to get some uncooked rice. If you already have some in the kitchen, that’s great, otherwise just head to your nearest grocer and get some. I used about 200g of rice to fix the condensation problem.
- Firstly, I put the rice into an air tight container.
- Try to get some silica gel moisture absorber and place them together with the rice.
- “Bury” your iPhone into the rice and close the air tight container.
- Wait for at least 1-2 hours.
- After waiting in agony you can take out your iPhone and check if the moisture or condensation is still there. When I was fixing the iPhone above there was still a bit of moisture.
- I boosted the absorbing effect by using a hairdryer to heat the rice for about 30-40 seconds.
- Then I close the container again and let the iPhone stay for another 20 minutes. In the end, all condensation has gone and the iPhone is back to normal again!
This seems to work for any iPhone model.
This method may also help fix iPhone that’s affected by a small amount of water or liquid.
If this solution helped you in any way – please do me a favor by clicking on Like below or Tweet about it.