For iPhone 3GS users who have upgraded to baseband 6.15.00 but are stuck in a recovery loop, please follow the instructions below to bring your iPhone back to life again.
If you have iPad’s baseband 6.15.00 implanted into your iPhone, iTunes will not allow you to restore with the original firmware as it does not recognize that particular baseband on an iPhone. In order to fix this, follow the instructions below:
- Download custom firmware 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS [ 396.46MB download link]
- Use Redsn0w 0.9.6b to pawn DFU mode only [Windows or Mac]
- On iTunes, do a shift restore and point to the custom IPSW file you have just downloaded
- If you encounter error 16xx, use iREB-4.0.x-4.1-RC2 to fix this issue [download link, Windows version only]
- Repeat step 3 by doing a shift restore
- After restore is completed, your iPhone will reboot automatically and you will get to the emergency screen
- Use redsn0w again and chose the option just boot tethered right now
- Your iPhone will reboot showing a Pinapple logo and your it will be activated automatically
- UPDATED: Now you can untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 with GreenPois0n RC6.
Good luck and leave your comments or issues below.
Did it work for you? How about buying us a drink by giving us a donation below? Any amount is appreciated :)