UPDATE: Unlock your AT&T iPhone permanently without using Gevey SIM. Read more here.
This guide will show you how to use Gevey Turbo SIM to unlock your iPhone 4 with baseband 2.10.04, 3.10.01 and 4.10.01. If you’ve got everything setup, simply follow the instructions below. Do you need one? Order now from our online store.
1. Before restarting your iPhone, please be sure that 3G and cellular data network are off. Reboot your iPhone now.
2. Unlock the screen immediately and wait at the Home screen. In a moment you will see the message with full instructions below. Tap Accept.
3. Wait until you see ‘No Service.’
4. Now wait for one signal bar.
5. Dial 112 and press Call.
6. Wait for 2 seconds and End the call. There is NO need to wait for the call to be connected.
7. Go to Settings and switch on Airplane Mode.
8. Wait for approximately 45 seconds and you will see ‘No SIM Card Installed.’ Tap OK.
9. Switch off Airplane Mode then you will see ‘SIM Failure.’ Tap OK.
10. Toggle Airplane Mode (swtich on then off) one more time and it will start searching for the network. Done!
Frequently Asked Questions about Gevey Turbo SIM
Q: What is GEVEY Turbo SIM?
A: It is an unlock solution for iPhone 4 iOS 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1 with baseband 01.59.00, 2.10.04, 3.10.01 and 4.10.01
Q: Is it illegal to dial 112?
A: IT IS NOT ILLEGAL to dial 112. You’re not suppose to connect the call nor wait long enough!
Q: Do I need to Jailbreak my iPhone?
A: No Jailbreak is required. Note: if your iPhone is jailbroken and you are using GEVEY Turbo SIM, do not do a reset to erase all data and settings.
Q: Will I need to cut my SIM card?
A: Yes, you have to cut your SIM card to fit the provided GEVEY sim tray.
Q: Is this unlock stable?
A: Yes, it is very stable. sherif_hashim (the famous iPhone baseband hacker) also claimed the same (see his tweet on April 10).
Q: How easy is it to install and setup?
A: GEVEY Turbo SIM is veryeasy to setup and installation is very simple. Instruction booklet is included.
Q: Do I need leave it in my iPhone 4?
A: Yes, if you want to remain unlock and be able to use your iPhone 4 with any carrier.
Q: If I turn off the phone, do I have to redo the steps above?
Q: If I go out of my coverage area and lose signal will I have to redo the steps above?
No, you phone is still unlocked.
Q: Will it interfere with my iOS or application setting?
Q: Does 3G and GPRS work?
A: Yes, it can if you have a data plan with your carrier. Not all carriers will work with 3G services, but all carriers will work with GPRS or EDGE.
Q: Can you ship it to my country?
A: We can ship to ANY location in the world.
Q: Why are the prices on eBay are chaper?
A: Imitation Gevey Turbo SIM has started entering the market with low quality SIM tray that is difficult to slot into your iPhone, it has low quality microchip that is generating heat and consume a lot of power. It will damage your iPhone!
Other Troubleshooting Tips:
- If your iPhone 4 has a custom firmware, there is a chance that it may not work. Restore your iPhone 4 to the original iPhone 4 firmware. Download original firmware here.
- If after booting up the iPhone 4, and you do not see the “Accept” screen, make sure you have an active SIM card and that it is correctly inserted.
- If you see ‘No SIM card installed’ as soon as you insert the Turbo SIM, it’s defective. Get it replaced.
- If you get ‘No SIM card installed” as soon as you dial 112, your SIM card is too old. Get a new SIM card.
- If you have a very old SIM card, most likely it will not work. Replace it with a new SIM card.
- If all fails you might have a low quality, imitation Gevey Turbo SIM! :(
Buy Genuine Gevey Turbo SIM now!