(Last Updated On: June 21, 2020)
Do you find out that your contacts disappeared after updating your iPhone to iOS 9.3? Try these fixes.
So you did the update today and then when you open up the Contacts app on your iPhone, you find out that it is empty, or some of the contacts cannot be found.
You may find that they randomly return after a few minutes or a couple of hours. You could start by going to iCloud.com, then log in to check that your contacts are all listed correctly in order.
Firstly, let’s try to do a simple workaround to see if you can get your contacts back without doing too much effort.
1. Try to switch off your iPhone for about 45 seconds and try rebooting it.
2. You can also exit the contact app and try to launch it again.
Did that work? No? Here are some possible solutions:
1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > iCloud and firstly try to ensure that Contacts is switched on.
2. Go to Settings > General> reset> Reset Network Settings and set up your Wi-Fi network connection again from the scratch.
3. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and ensure that iCloud Backup is switched on.
4. If none of that works for you then you could always restore a backup file from iTunes, assuming that you made one launch Ttunes one your computer, and go to Edit >preference> Devices to check ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically’.
Now plug your iPhone in, then click on it in iTunes and choose Restore Backup from the Summary tab then follow the instructions outlined.
These steps should help getting your contacts back on your iPhone. It shouldn’t get more complicated than that.