(Last Updated On: June 21, 2020)
This is probably the best redsn0w version yet as it allows you to downgrade iOS on iPhone 4S or iPad 2/3 without using iTunes.
By downgrading your iOS to an earlier version such as iOS 5.0.1, you can enjoy an untethered jailbreak on your iPhone or iPad once more!
Release notes by MuscleNerd and some warnings:
- The new feature is at Extras->Even More->Restore
- You cannot downgrade without the personalized SHSH blobs for your device at that lower firmware. You need to have fetched those blobs while the signing window was open, using either Cydia’s built-in TSS@Home feature, or with TinyUmbrella. The new Restore screen of redsn0w lets you choose either the remote blobs or local ones (for the earlier firmware). If you don’t know where TinyUmbrella put your blobs, TinyUmbrella has a button that will show you (copy them out of that folder and feed them to redsn0w).
- The A5 downgrade method actually updates to the latest firmware before downgrading to the earlier one.This process updates your baseband to whatever is newest. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD IF YOU RELY ON UNOFFICIAL UNLOCKS of your iPhone4S. Those who used the temporary SAM technique to unlock their iPhones to specific SIMs shouldn’t be affected by this baseband update.
This latest version of redsn0w is available for Mac and Windows.
iOS Downgrading Steps for iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or the new iPad (future):
1. Start the new redsn0w 0.9.11b1 (Windows or Mac)
2. Connect your device and close iTunes if it launched itself automatically.
3. Go to Extras.
4. Click on Even More.
5. Click on Restore.
6. You will see IPSW, Local and Remote. Click on IPSW, and point redsn0w to the firmware file to which you want to downgrade to e.g. iOS 5.0.1. Redsn0w will now ask you for the stock iOS 5.1.1 firmware.
7. If you have your SHSH blobs saved:
- Locally on your computer – click Local and find the .plist file that has the SHSH blobs for your device. Click Next.
- Remotely on Cydia – redsn0w should automatically put your device into Recovery mode to fetch the files from Cydia server.
8. redsn0w will automatically stitch the SHSH blobs to the IPSW firmware file which you selected, and then it will automatically restore your device without having to launch iTunes.
Do note that this first release may contain some bugs so only use it if you’re desperate.
Share your experience and thoughts about this new tool by leaving your comments below!