(Last Updated On: June 26, 2020)
A few weeks ago, I blogged about an unknown called hacker hamzah_akram about his attempts to unlock iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08. He just released his tutorials. Please read on.
UPDATE: AT&T iPhone 4 can be factory unlocked. Unlock it now.
Many people were convinced that he would be able to make it. His blog became the center of attention by iPhone 4 users who are stuck on baseband 4.11.08. However, many people turned skeptics after his effort was criticized and flamed; including MuscleNerd who labeled him as ‘fake’ on Twitter.’
After a few weeks of silence, he returned, retaliated and released his unlocking tutorial. He explained that this is not ‘react0r’ but rather an “easy” way of unlocking iPhone 4 running on iOS 5.0.1 with baseband 4.11.08.
Let’s cut to the chase and try his tutorials below. This was also published on his blog.
UPDATE: See the updated instructions here.
As i promised you about 4.11.08 unlock steps, now I’m going to describe how this easy steps worked for me, but you have to try several trials to get the unlock! but it will work if understand how steps done the unlock!. if not worked just keep trying because it worked for me with two locked “MC318LL” iPhones 4 in IOS 5.0.1 and it worked for me..in easy way.. this is not ractor unlock….
worked in iPhone 4 MC318LL with this networks. UAE : du , etisalat. Jordan: Orange , zain and Umniah
-Orginial iPhone 4 SIM -no service- is worked — we’ll name it x
-SIM card with constant data availablity. check it with unlocked mobiles if it has constant data, because if not ..it won’t work for you! — we’ll name it ‘o’
Pre installed apps needed.
install in cydia SAM.
Go to cydia >> manage > edit > add > add this source
then install SAM.
and reload SB.
wifi = on. Just for the moemnet
Go to Settings>>General>>Network
MAKE SURE THAT YOU TURNED “ON” THE DATA ROAMING AND CELLULAR DATA.
Service Location Must be OFF completely off.
carrier x . offical iPhone Carrier
carrier o . the carrier which we’ll use to unlock the iPhone.
0-open SAM then go out the app using home botton “LET IT OPEN”
1-First of all you need to go to http://www.unlockit.co.nz and download your unofficial carrier profile (carrier o).
2. Insert your official iPhone SIM CARD “x” and dial any number , if no service dial 112.
3. Go to settings>Carrier and turn of auto search the select the network which you will use to connect in next steps (i mean carrier o). you will met a message “Restricted network … bla bla bla..”.
4.hit Dismiss . then go back to main settings menu.
5.turn on airplane mode.
6. go fast to SAM>>utilities>> and press to deactivate SAM , Deactivate push “Clear certs”
go back check if SAM is in “Desabled” mode.
7.after this step you have to forget wireless networks. and turn off auto connection
7. go to cydia>> manage > sources then “bingner” the uninstall SAM. Don’t “restart springboard” now!
8.after uninstalling sam / press home button >> and go to settings then forget the Wi-Fi network~.
. make sure airplane mode is ON
.Eject the Carrier X sim/ press of the no sim installed.
9. Go back to cyida and get ready for inserting the next sim (Carrier O).
here is the fast step!
10. press “Restart Springboard” and insert the (carrier O) Sim card Before apple Logo “i mean normal restart springboard” progress indicator.’
11. you will met the regular apple activation screen. with (E) just wait 30 seconds.
12. turn off your iPhone. then turn on. the sam activation screen you’ll met “now with one signal bar” and E data connection.
13.you’ll see “use cellular connection” press it and wait 5 to 8 seconds
14.eject your sim then reinsert it fast. you will redirect to home screen!…. with full signal bar “Carrier O” network
go fast and call service center for 1 minutes “auto reply services center” of carrier O.
now go to settings>General>about and check your carrier: it must be “Carrier 11.0”.
… you’ll have your iPhone like a factory unlocked. Congrats.
15. enjoy calling your best friend or Baby as second call.
unlocked it no problems so far.
If you have all the necessary stuff needed, have a go and let us know the results!