Earlier this month I blogged about iFaith v1.4 by hacker iH8sn0w which allows you to save SHSH blobs and create signed custom firmware. The updated version is now available for download which has major bug fixes. It was announced on his Twitter a few hours ago:
As you would have expected, A5-based devices are not yet supported. See the release notes below:
iFaith v1.4.1 Release Notes:
* Added Apple TV 4.4.4 (9A406a) support.
* TinyUmbrella iOS 4.4.x/5.x.x blobs are now accepted.
* Resolved rare DFU detection issues.
* Resolved issues with 8GB iPhone 4 Models.
* Resolved iPhone 3GS issues with factory certificates/Error 21
that occurred during restore.
* Resolved iOS Detection issues.
* Removed kill-switch that accidentally got distributed in
iFaith-v1.4’s public release.
* Don’t expect A5 device support until a DFU bootrom
exploit is publicly available.Editor's note: learn more by reading our ebook on starting your own iPhone repair & unlock business
* Thanks to JKjeepnJeff & JPWest for their contributions
to this release! :)
Now available at: http://iH8sn0w.com
Tweet any bugs via twitter to @iH8sn0w
JPWest is one of the top commentors (now #2) here FYI.
The download link is here (Windows only).
This is very likely my final blog post for 2011 so I would like to thank each and everyone for your support! Have a great holiday and Happy New Year 2012!
Oh… there’s still no unlock for 4.11.08 yet. :)