(Last Updated On: June 16, 2020)
Running out of free space on your iPhone can be a pain but this simple trick will instantly free up storage space without jailbreaking your iPhone.
This iOS trick for some reason is able to free up space on your iPhone or iPad simply by renting a movie or film on iTunes Store. Yes, it’s weird but it works and I’ve tested it myself.
1. Go to Settings > General, select Storage & iCloud Usage, and have a look the amount of available space left.
2. Open iTunes Store.
3. Select Movies or Films (some regions the icons may appear differently).
4. Select any movie to rent (you won’t be charged – will explain later) with the file size larger than your available space. This is very important! Scroll down to check the file size.
5. Select Rent and then tap on the Rent HD Movie/Film.
Now, if you have ensured that the movie is bigger than your available space, you will get an error message about not enough space.
6. If you go back to Settings > Storage & iCloud Usage, you’ll immediately see the amount of free space has increased!
I was able to free up to 2GB of space!
A few things to note:
1. This method also supports jailbroken device.
2. It can be repeated and make sure the movie or film is bigger than your available space otherwise you will be charged for the rental!
This is probably the best iOS trick I’ve seen in years and it seems the steps above deletes old temporary files which are no longer in use.
If you find this useful, do share it with your friends!