(Last Updated On: June 24, 2020)
You’ve just updated to iOS 7 and spent countless hours online to find a solution to unlock your iPhone 4 baseband 4.12.09 but to no avail. Here are some solutions.
If your iPhone 4 was unlocked either via jailbreak using ultrasn0w or Gevey SIM, updating to iOS 7 without preserving the baseband is a grave mistake. Don’t blame yourself because if you bought this used, the seller probably didn’t tell you not to update the iOS.
Apple’s engineers designed the iPhone so that you can never downgrade the software (iOS) or baseband after you updated it. This is to make sure that hackers cannot use the exploits they found for something else that may be damaging to your device and even to yourself.
When iPhone 4 was first released, hackers were able to find a way to unlock the iPhone 4 on baseband 1.59.00. The unlock was done via ultrasn0w, which you have to install once you’ve jailbroken your device. However, Apple was quick to patch the exploit and there’s never been a software unlock available for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 to date.
Unlocking via jailbreak is becoming a thing of the past because it seems hackers are no longer motivated or interested to find exploits with iPhone’s hardware or it’s probably because the hardware used in iPhones is so secure that exploits can never be found.
The only possible and most viable way to unlock your iPhone is to get your iPhone factory unlocked. This means you’re officially unlocking your iPhone which makes your iPhone marked as ‘unlocked’ in Apple database.
What are the steps to factory unlock your iPhone?
1. Please be sure that your iPhone is operating normally and has been activated.
2. Check which network it is locked to. This is important to make your unlock successful.
3. If you’re not the first owner of the iPhone:
- Check that it’s not blacklisted. A blacklisted device can usually be unlocked, but if it’s blacklisted by your carriers in your country, you won’t be able to use it.
- Make sure that Find My iPhone has been turned off by the previous owner, this is a new feature in iOS 7. Read more here.
4. Purchase a factory unlocked service for your iPhone.
Once your iPhone is factory unlocked, you can use it on any worldwide network. The next time there’s a software update from Apple, you won’t even have to worry about it getting locked ever again.
Please take a look at what our online Store has to offer for your locked iPhone. We also offer chips replacement for those who can’t unlocked their device using factory unlocking service as some network don’t allow factory unlocking at all.
For our 5,500+ customers who have unlocked their iPhones with us, thank you very much for using our service!