(Last Updated On: August 10, 2020)
Got your new iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus from AT&T? You can get it unlocked for free by following the steps here.
It is exciting to get hold of the new iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. However, some users would like to have it unlocked to be able to switch network or use it outside of USA.
How do you request to get a free iPhone unlock by AT&T?
1. Firstly, find out if you’re eligible for this free unlocking service by refering to the statement issued by AT&T below:
“Beginning Sunday, April 8 (2013), we will offer qualifying customers the ability to unlock their AT&T iPhones. The only requirements are that a customer’s account must be in good standing, their device cannot be associated with a current and active term commitment on an AT&T customer account, and they need to have fulfilled their contract term, upgraded under one of our upgrade policies or paid an early termination fee.”
2. Allocate 20-30 minutes of quiet time so that you can speak or chat properly with an AT&T’s customer support representative.
3. Once you’re ready, get your AT&T account number ready and have your iPhone in front of you.
4. Call this number 1-800-331-0500 (Sykpe user can call for free) or login to your AT&T online account to initiate a Live Chat session with an AT&T’s customer support representative.
5. They will ask a couple of questions but mainly will ask for your account information, email and your iPhone’s IMEI number. Go to Settings > General > About. Scroll down to get your iPhone’s IMEI number.
6. If there’s no issue with your account, they will issue the unlock and instructions within a few hours (some are given 24-48 hours).
If this is not the case, they may have to do further checks. In this instance, they will give you a ticket number and inform you that somebody will be in touch with you within a week.
7. Once AT&T confirms your eligibility, they will send you the instructions as shown above.
Does this Service Work for Other iPhone Models?
Think of this as the officially IMEI unlocking by on the Apple database. This allows you to switch any carrier.
Yes, it works for any iPhone model too.
In any case if the request was rejected, you can try using a paid service here.
Good luck and share your experience here! Let us know if we missed anything.