(Last Updated On: June 21, 2020)
The latest update for iOS 4.3 for iPhone 4 will include a newer and revised baseband version 4.10.01.
UPDATE: You can permanently unlock your AT&T iPhone, see here. If you have an iPhone from another country or network, click here.
This baseband version has been revised three times since it was first released on beta 1 version of iOS 4.3:
- 4.08.00 4.3 beta 1 (Build 8F5148b)
- 4.09.00 4.3 beta 2 (Build 8F5153d)
- 4.10.01 4.3 beta 3 (Build 8F5166b)
Current unlocking status of different baseband versions for iPhone 4 (February 18, 2011):
- 1.59.00 on iOS 4.0 (Build 8A293), iOS 4.0.1 (Build 8A306), and iOS 4.0.2 (Build 8A400) – unlock available with ultrasn0w 1.2
- 2.10.04 on iOS 4.1 (Build 8B117) – no unlock available
- 3.10.01 on iOS 4.2.1 (Build 8C148) – no unlock available
- 4.10.01 on iOS 4.3 beta 3 (Build 8F5166b) – no unlock available
If the iPhone Dev Team has already developed the unlock solution for basebands 2.10.04 and 3.10.01, then potentially it would unlock the new baseband 4.10.01 as well as the exploit has not been revealed to Apple. This is probably one of the main reasons why they are holding on to the release of the new unlock until iOS 4.3 is officially out, or perhaps the unlock is not yet available and would give them more time to work on it.
If you can’t wait, unlock your iPhone with Gevey Turbo SIM.
Either way let’s hope the unlock will be out soon and be sure to subscribe so that you will know as soon as the unlock is out.