(Last Updated On: June 18, 2020)
If you just purchased an iPhone locked to GCI Wireless USA but can’t unlock it, we can now provide permanent unlock service for your iPhone on Apple’s database.
General Communication Inc. (GCI) is a telecommunications corporation operating in Alaska, USA and it’s now officially joined the iPhone band wagon since the iPhone 4 was first released.
US consumers now have more choices to go for which network instead of just AT&T to get a “subsidized” iPhone.
That’s really good for consumers, though.
Related Article: 5 Tips on Buying Used iPhone Online on eBay or Craigslist to Avoid Scam
So if you just got yourself an iPhone from GCI USA, using the service we’re offering will allow you to use any SIM card worldwide.
GCI Wireless USA iPhones, just like AT&T iPhones are locked if they are sold with contract.
This is the only permanent unlock solution for Apple iPhone as your IMEI is registered as ‘unlocked’ on Apple’s database.
- Simply connect to iTunes to have your iPhone officially unlocked by Apple forever.
- Extremely easy and no technical knowledge required.
- Legal and no jailbreaking needed.
- Update to the latest iOS and beyond freely without having to worry about your baseband being updated.
- Unlocks all currently available and future basebands.
However, at this stage only non-blacklisted device is supported. That means it’s not blocked by the network.
How does it work?
1. Submit your IMEI number from your iPhone in the order page (get this 15 digit number by going to Settings > General > About on your iPhone).
2. We will send you an email once it is ready to be officially unlocked (typically 5-7 days in most cases and up to 15 business days)
3. Install the latest version of iTunes and backup your iPhone.
4. Restore to the latest iOS version by clicking restore or update.
5. Once restore is complete, disconnect iPhone and reconnect it after 10 seconds.
6. Now insert a different carrier SIM card (not your GCI carrier SIM card).
7. Wait until iTunes detects your iPhone. iTunes will then display:
Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked.
There’s really no way to hack the GCI iPhone at the moment so officially unlocking it is the way to go.
Unlocking your iPhone brings a range of benefits especially in terms of cost saving and allow you to use it overseas.
If you bought this used, please check here whether it’s blacklisted or not because only non-blacklisted GCI USA iPhone can be unlocked.
Unlock your GCI USA iPhone here.